Celebrating Michel Waldschmidt's 70th birthday
June 13-17, 2016, Marina di San Gregorio, Patù (Lecce), Italy
Location and conference information |
The conference will take place in the town of Patù
in the Salento region, south east Italy. Patù is the smallest municipality of the province of Lecce.
It is located at 4Kms from the Adriatic sea, 3kms from the Ionian sea and 3kms from
southernmost point in Puglia, the city of Leuca.
The exact location is San Gregorio, the marina of Patù on the Ionian sea.
The conference will be held at the Hotel Monte Callini which is a four star Hotel located 400 metres from
the sea. The Monte Callini has about 43 rooms that will be all reserved for the conference and in total can host around 90 guest between single,
double and triples.
| Marini beach||
Hotel Monte Callini||San Gregorio Bay||
Getting to Patù
By air: The Airport of Salento in Brindisi is located 128Kms away from Patù.
It is reached with direct flights from major European cities:
Moreover new flights are added every year. A second option is to fly to Bari which is 246Kms far from Patù.
- Ryan Air flies to Brindisi from Bologna, Bruxelles Charleroi, Eindhoven, Girona Barcelona, London Stansted, Milano
Bergamo, Parigi Beauvais, Pisa, Roma Ciampino, Stockholm Skavsta, Turin and Venice Treviso
- EasyJet flies to Brindisi from Basel-Mulhouse-Friburg , Geneve, Milano Malpensa and Paris Orly.
- Alitalia flies to Brindisi from Milano Linate and Rome Fiumicino.
- Air Berlin flies to Brindisi from Munich and Zürich.
- German Wings flies to Brindisi from Stuttgart.
- Helvetic airways flies to Brindisi from Bern and Zürich.
- Vueling flies to Brindisi from Rome Fiumicino and Barcelona.
- By train: Fast train reach Lecce Station from Rome, Milan, Bologna, Venice and other Italian cities.
From Lecce one can either arrange for pick up or can take a train to Gagliano-Leuca with the Ferrovie del Sud Est.
Once you are in Gagliano-Leuca taxis can be use to get to San Gregorio.
- By car: Roads are very good in Puglia and in particular Patù can be reached from Salento Airport in
approximately 75 minutes. At the airport all major car rentals have their outlets and special deals will be organized for the conference.
Furthermore we will organize some shuttles to bring people from the airport to Patù and viceversa in the days of June 12th and of June 18th.
From Rome is a long drive that takes approximately 7 hours.